Date: 3/10/17 7:49 pm
From: Linda Elliott <lindae1136...>
Subject: Re: [Maine-birds] Pileated Woodpecker in Cape Eliz
Great photo Meghan!!
Marie, he was eating the suet that I purchased from the Christmas Tree shop, so it's nothing special. The feeder is one of the "pole systems" from Wild Birds Unlimited that has different hooks for whatever I choose to put up. I use their seed with a handful of dried meal worms mixed in for the bluebirds. Pretty soon, I will have to take it all in at night due to the bear that was visiting this fall. My house is surrounded by woods with lots of swampy, boggy areas with plenty of dead wood.