Date: 3/10/17 1:47 pm
From: Alan Buriak <a_buriak...>
Subject: Greater Scaup, Lesser Scaup, Glade Run Lake, Butler County
I stopped briefly at the newly refilled Glade Run Lake in southern Butler County and there was a group of 22 scaup near the dam. After careful study, I was able to pick out a single drake Greater Scaup among 19 drake and 2 hen Lesser Scaup. There were also two pair of Wood Ducks, and the other day were 3 Bufflehead. These may not seem like much, but they mark the first migrant waterfowl that I personally have ever seen at the lake, as it was drained in 2011 due to a failed dam inspection, well before my birding days. I would like to personally thank everyone involved with the Glade Run Lake Conservancy for their efforts in getting the lake restored, with an official opening date for fishing/boating of April 12. Local birders now have a great birding location back and I am very excited to see what turns up over the next few months.

Good birding,
Alan Buriak
Gibsonia, Allegheny County