Date: 3/10/17 12:39 pm
From: Corey Lange <coreyjlange...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Smith's Longspurs in Ford County
This morning, I flushed ~25 Smith's Longspurs from some recently burned sections of Sibley Habitat Area in Ford County. I first heard the Longspurs rattle flight call as they flushed from the field and landed back down again further away. There were also ~10 Snipe using the same area. Rusty Blackbirds have been quite common in the area with huge blackbird flocks using the surrounding ag fields. Sibley Grove, which is nearby, seems to be a sure bet if anyone is trying to see some Rusty Blackbirds.

Prairie burns seem to be occurring in many parts of the state right now, so if you have one nearby you make take a walk through it to see what you may find.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by: Corey Lange <coreyjlange...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional