Date: 3/10/17 12:31 pm
From: Chris Johnson <ryanjohnson77...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [SBB] Misc Ed Levin
All,

For the sake of the group, the tree I'm referring to is the euc at the end of the spring valley road and just near the start of the spring valley trail. It's a "magic tree" because it seems to attract a greater variety and number of hummingbirds than other eucs in the park (with similar size and flowering properties). I have staked out other eucs nearby, around this time of year, and have only come up with one Allens/Rufous on one occasion (though there are usually some Anna's), while the "magic tree" will usually be brimming with Anna's and Selasphorus hummers. I assume this tree is overflowing with nectar (so perhaps not so magical), but "magic tree" is much more fun to say than "tree overflowing with nectar".

Best,

Chris J.