Date: 3/10/17 11:38 am
From: Brooke Miller <idbirds...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Spring Is Here!
Good morning SBBers!

This morning on my walk around the Willow Glen neighborhood of San Jose, I stopped at a flowering eucalyptus to check out if there were any ‘interesting’ hummingbirds. There were quite a few ANNA’S, but otherwise no luck with that. Tthen I heard some chatter up in the top of the tree that kind of sounded familiar. And there it was, a male HOODED ORIOLE! But wait, another bird was with it. It was a very drab, probably female, WESTERN TANAGER! They then both flew together across the street into a tangle of bushes and trees where I was able to feast my eyes (and ears) on two first-of-season (FOS) birds.

Yes, it is Spring!

Brooke Miller
San Jose

<*> Your email settings: