Date: 3/10/17 9:11 am
Subject: [birders] Ivory Gull, Flint, MI, Mar. 10
Still present at noon today per Andy Dettling. Location details below.

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Tom Hince" <peleetom...>
> Date: March 10, 2017 at 8:45:17 AM EST
> To: "'Caleb Putnam'" <caleb.putnam...>, "'mich-listers'" <mich-listers...>
> Subject: Re: [Mich-listers] Ivory Gull, Genesee Co. YES, March 10 8:15AM
>
> Just a minor note on Ivory Gull ageing. My understanding is that this
> species is essentially a "one year" gull. First winter plumage is highly
> variable, but essentially any bird with black speckling of any kind seen now
> was hatched last year. This species attains full adult plumage by its second
> winter.
> Awesome bird!
> Cheers, Tom

Setting options from the command line is explained in the User Guide:

https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/user User Guide
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/faquser FAQ

To search the archive and view jpeg images:
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/arc/birders

birders is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN):

http://www.glin.net

All views and opinions presented above are solely those
of the author or attributed source and do not necessarily
reflect those of GLIN or the Great Lakes Commission.