Date: 3/9/17 7:04 pm
From: Jody Williams <fisherwoods...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Arthur Pack Park, NW Tucson, Common Black-hawk
My late day dog walk was rewarded with a relatively low soaring Common Black-hawk at about 5 PM. The broad wings, flat soaring profile, short tail and all black appearance (Couldn’t see the tail band at the sun angle and distance.) eliminated all other species.
A Cooper’s and a Red-tailed interacting was a nice sight. Couldn’t really decide which was the aggressor as they traded places in flight.
Yesterday’s Common Merganser was gone. In its stead was a pair of Hooded Mergansers.
Buffleheads and Ring-neck Ducks continue.
Pied-billed and Eared Grebes continue.

A Rock Wren was a surprise, and may be my first at the Park… will see what eBird thinks.

John R Williams