Date: 3/9/17 6:50 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Eurasian Teal
Acting on a message from Jim Miles about Ross's Geese still being seen on North Hamlin Road, I arrived relieved to see that they were still present and NOT mixed in with 1000's of Snow Geese but rather loosely associated with but 6 of their larger cousins as well as large numbers of Canada Geese. Plenty of picture opportunities and a much better look than last week during the Pink-footed Goose excitement. Then Andy Guthrie drove up and (drumroll, surprise, actually not) found yet another special bird, the Eurasian version of our Green-winged Teal, also known as Common Teal by some. The Eurasian Wigeon was also present. Still an impressive total biomass of waterfowl, even without the mega-flock of Snows. Jim and Laurie returned for the second time in the day and were also able to enjoy the teal.

Pat Martin