Date: 3/9/17 6:01 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos Update 3/9/17
Just a quickie. Several have inquired about Eider- last reported
last Sunday on eBird, likely still around but hardly any birders down here
to check on it regularly.

At North Bend BLM office I saw the PALM WARBLER on 3/8 at NW corner of
office area @ 0730- the usual spot.

Later in PM 50 all CEDAR WAXWINGS at Downtown Fitness in Coos Bay (a New
Years resolution I hear).

Today the green-backed male Selasphorus hummer that has been at the back
feeder in our yard for three weeks or so now finally decided to start
displaying and did the classic Allen's pendulum over and over. Pretty cool!
Lotsa hummers here still but I think a big wave of Rufous has passed
through although they are still audible all over town.

Merry soggy springtime!
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!