Date: 3/9/17 5:08 pm
From: Dorothy Currier <dorocurr...>
Subject: [NHBirds] GGOW Thur eve
Arrived about 4:15 pm. Wind dying down. Owl was in hedgerow on north
side. 30-40 people there about 50 feet away In a semi circle around him.
Around 5:00 he flew to other end of hedgerow and people followed it and
then he went to the other end of the south field. Took a few flights
around that field and a few people followed him and left. Flew back to
north field and made a few passes but I didn't see him catch anything.
When I left about 5:40 he'd flown over to the wind sock you can see from
the bridge. I wondered if all the cameras clicking and people talking,
though softly, interferes with his ability to hear his prey. You'd think
he would just leave if it did. I thought he looked rather comical, or even
fierce, but then I realized he was listening in one direction and looking
more at the people. I expect some people got some good flight shots.