Date: 3/9/17 4:14 pm
From: David Zittin <dzittin...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Sanborn Park
Hi Birders,
Today Edward Rooks and I birded Sanborn.

Note:
We initially wanted to do Lake Ranch Reservoir, but there is no access
either off Black Rd or at the end of Sanborn Road. We drove to the end of
Sanborn Rd and the trail was blocked off with a sign saying that you will
be cited if you enter.

So, we went to the main entrance and birded from there, doing a loop:
Parking-San Adreas-Peterson-Sanborn Trails-parking.

The species count was low at 16, but a few notables:
- We saw a male/female pair of pileated woodpeckers. These were in the
creek valley near where Sanborn Trail crosses Aubry Creek.

- A vocal Pacific wren. Vocalizations were far apart in time. I managed to
get one set on my phone. We found the wren at the beginning of the nature
trail
(37°14'05.7"N 122°03'53.1"W)

- A very large number of brown creepers, at least 12 and many creeper
vocalizations. Many were seen around the camping area.

Audio and photos at: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35074529

-Dave Zittin
<dzittin...>

Join us on Facebook!