Date: 3/9/17 2:04 pm
From: Allen and kadynn Hatfield <kkcrittercrazy...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Re: Finch of a different color

House Finches are generally red, but under certain circumstances they may
be orange or yellow instead. Different subspecies may show color
variations, but differences in color are also attributed to diet. When a
bird is molting, its diet will determine the colors of its new feathers.(birds
can’t make bright red or yellow colors directly). If a diet lacks certain
pigments, then a House Finch may end up orange or yellow instead of its
usual red.