Date: 3/9/17 1:25 pm
From: <jacksonwrxt89...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Bohemian Waxwing - Concord, 3/9 GGOW Photos
Today I had to bring one of our company vehicles to be serviced at Bank's Chevrolet on Manchester Street in Concord. After dropping it off, a coworker and I left the dealership to get lunch up the street. I was surprised to find a single BOHEMIAN WAXWING in a ornamental (nonfruiting) tree in front of the dealership on the edge of the street. The bird was calling and only hung around for a few seconds before flying off towards the northeast.

This morning I went out to check on the GREAT GRAY OWL in Newport, and as I posted earlier, I was successful in finding it. Four people were about 150' or so in front of me and they walked right passed it as it is remarkably camouflaged in the bark of the surrounding cherry trees. I hollered to the birders and got them on the Owl. I was surprised to hear that at least one gentleman there had come up all the way from Georgia just to see this bird! Definitely a bird worth traveling for.
The owl was actively hunting and flew from its perch and landed on the ground 20' or so in front of us before returning to the trees empty "taloned." I added this mornings photos to my ongoing gallery.
https://flickr.com/photos/103784740@N03/sets/72157677399527574

-Dylan Jackson
Sunapee

Sent from my iPhone