Date: 3/9/17 11:25 am
From: <BFisher928...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Lots of Sandies, plus Ospreys and a Golden Eagle
It's gotten really tough for us to add a new species to our yard list, but
today we did - an adult Golden Eagle sailed over at almost exactly 1 PM,
heading NNW. Karen found him, and we both got to study him as he circled.

We've also had Osprey, and hundreds of Sandhill Cranes, probably in the low
thousands by now, but we haven't really been trying to count them.

For what it's worth, this is our all time early date for an Osprey seen
from our yard (or anywhere in N Illinois), breaking last year's record early
date (3/10) by one day. Before last year, the earliest we saw Ospreys over
our yard were dates in late March to early April. On 3/16/11 we had an
Osprey in Grundy County on our Goose Lake winter raptor survey route.
Regards
Bob Fisher
Downers Grove
DuPage County