Date: 3/9/17 8:23 am
From: Barry Jones <barjones78...>
Subject: Quivira report 9 March 2017
Refuge-wide waterfowl survey was conducted at Quivira this morning, 9 March. I don't have all of the totals yet, but in general not many geese (only about 300 snow and 100 cackling) or sandhill cranes (less than 100). Duck diversity very high, though, with all regular/fairly common species present. A few notable birds from this morning (FOS, at least for me here at Quivira):

Wood Duck (5 in Unit 63)
American Avocet (1 along the west Wildlife Drive)
Eastern Phoebe (HQ)

Also, a total of 6 Cinnamon Teal, including one pair along NE 170th Street flats, and 23 Tundra Swans in northwest Big Salt Marsh.

Barry Jones
Quivira NWR

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to