Date: 3/9/17 7:02 am From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...> Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Job Posting
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an on-call Avian Specialist/Biologist, reporting to our Buffalo, NY office, to support avian surveys in western New York and possibly elsewhere. This position will be responsible for performing raptor/eagle and breeding bird surveys using a range of bird sampling techniques including visual/auditory identification. Our successful candidate must have a good understanding of avian surveys and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Conduct avian surveys in western NY and possibly elsewhere
* Conduct raptor/eagle and breeding bird surveys
* Compiling and processing data
* Provide support, if necessary, for wetland delineations, bat field surveys, plant and habitat surveys, and vegetation characterizations
* BS in Biology, Environmental Science or a closely related field preferred but not required
* Six months to three years of field experience conducting avian surveys and recording point count and/or transect data
* Strong visual/auditory bird identification skills (must be able to identify birds by their call/songs) and familiarity with regional avian populations and survey protocol
* Other field skills such as wetland delineations, bat field surveys, plant and habitat surveys, and vegetation characterizations an asset, but not required
* Ability to walk for several miles and work in extreme temperatures and rough terrain in remote locations
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and ability to work independently and within a team setting
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Experience with iPAD and/or Trimble hand-held GPS units preferred
* Preference for individuals with CPR/First Aid Training
* Valid driver's license and the ability to travel to a project sites
E & E is a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in 85 scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com<http://www.ene.com/> to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.