Date: 3/8/17 7:14 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Hawk Watch surprise
Quite a wild couple of hours at the Hawk Watch today. Fierce winds made standing upright a challenge but also created plenty of dramatic moments. Gulls were flying backwards, ducks were being lifted off the water, water was spraying so high such that there were rainbows forming. One young eagle came in just a few feet off the ground, actually landed on the park road (resting?) then took off. No hoped for Golden Eagles or Red-shouldered Hawks while I was there, but amazingly a Purple Martin whipped by. Both Mike Tetlow and I had decent looks.

Pat Martin