Date: 3/8/17 5:32 pm
From: Pip Fisher <pip...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Woodcock in Polk Co.
Heard a woodcock peenting in the yard while I was collecting maple sap @ roughly 6:45 this evening. Later, I think I inadvertently flushed it. I walked along a row of trees and a woodcock sized and shaped bird tore out above me into the open field. Admittedly I didn't see it clearly but I am confident that's what it was. I also am confident I was far more startled than the bird. (I was pretty sure it was across the road, so I really did not expect it.)

"The yard" is just SW of the Hwy 17 bridge over Saylorville/DSM River.

Bird well!

Pip Fisher
Gibbsville, IA (NW Polk Co)

Sent from my iPhone