Date: 3/8/17 4:52 pm
From: 'Geoff N.' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] GGOW
Hi
Right now there isn't any snow in open areas that are exposed to the sun, there is still some in shaded areas. The walk in from Oak St. Is flat, but being shaded the rail trail is ice and snow covered and hazardous for some. The actual fields the owl is staying around are bare of snow, but they are a bit wet in a few spots. The woods surrounding these fields are still holding their last few inches of the white stuff. We will be getting hit by an Artic blast for Saturday, with highs projected only in the teens, so be sure to bring WARM clothes. If it's windy as well (I suspect it will be) you'll likely want long johns, hats, scarves maybe, and gloves or mittens. Wool socks! The cold will just make the memories even more lasting! 😀 Then Sunday things will start to moderate again.
I've only been to see the owl once, with success, but plan on going again in the next 2 days, and likely will again this weekend. Others here will hopefully chime in as well, if you need suggestions of any sort, food, lodging, etc., let us know. Drive safe!
Geoff
Hillsborough, NH