Date: 3/8/17 4:40 pm
From: Joshua Rose <opihi...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Re: Great Gray Owl (not)
Hi MassBirders,

Along similar lines, there has been no further sign of the Great Gray Owl near Williamsburg/Northampton. I would guess that the number of people searching there has been far smaller than the number in NH, but I’ve heard of at least four people who have looked for it without success since the record became public knowledge…

On the bright side, the waterfowl action around Turners Falls is picking up. Reports over the past few days from Barton Cove and the power canal by assorted birders include up to 200 Common Merganser, 125 Ring-necked Duck, 32 Hooded Merganser, 22 Northern Pintail, 21 Common Goldeneye, 5 Bufflehead, 2 Ruddy Ducks, 2 American Wigeon, 2 Greater Scaup, 1 Snow Goose, and 1 Greater White-fronted Goose.

Good birding,

JSR

Joshua S. Rose, Ph.D.
Amherst, MA