Date: 3/8/17 3:07 pm
From: Richard Price <rprice210...>
Subject: FOY Great Egret and Tree Swallows at Wildwood Lake Dauphin County
Today my wife Peggy and I were alerted to a first of the year Great Egret by another birder at Wildwood Park. We were able to find it fairly easily from the Towpath along with a pair of FOY Tree Swallows. Both species were seen by other birders as well. Pictures of the egret may be found on our e-bird report.

Other birds of note included N. Shovelers, Green-winged Teal, Gadwalls, a Cooper's Hawk and two Red-tailed Hawks. Song Sparrows and Red-winged Blackbirds were actively singing and Painted Turtles were sunning themselves.

Surprisingly, we saw no Mallards today.

Rick Price
Dauphin County

Join us on Facebook!