Date: 3/8/17 2:34 pm
From: Ellen Cantor <ellencantor...>
Subject: [obol] Eugene Wed Birders Eastgate Park
This post sent for Dennis Arendt:

The Eugene Wednesday birders went into the drizzly rain this morning to
Eastgate Park, the section of parkland east of the I-5 bridge in
Springfield. There were many Lesser Scaup in the river and the Song
Sparrows made themselves heard and seen. The Brown Creepers were common
but not singing. Our complete list follows.

Cackling Goose – one group flying over
Canada Goose
Mallard
Lesser Scaup – about 30 along the river’s edge
Common Goldeneye - one
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron – two standing near a nest
Glaucous-winged Gull
Anna's Hummingbird
Northern Flicker
American Crow
Black-capped Chickadee
Brown Creeper – five or six
Pacific Wren - one
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
American Robin
​E​
uropean Starling
Spotted Towhee
Song Sparrow
House Finch
Lesser Goldfinch

Scott McNeeley, Steve and Judy Franzen, Tom Cable, Sylvia Maulding, Ellen
Cantor, Cindy Armstrong and Dennis Arendt

Join us on Facebook!