Date: 3/8/17 2:30 pm
From: Bill and Nicki <billandnicki...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Snowy Egret Clackamas County
I did not see any egrets where I looked near the area indicated. I glassed the large pasture from Hwy 213, walked around the trail at Stone Creek Golf, and looked at the creek and bottom lands from Fern Bluff Dr. I looked from ~12:15-1300 then a half hour later. There was a GB Heron way out in the big pasture, some GC Kinglets at wetlands at Stone Creek GC, etc. Got to watch some golfers that were decent players too.
Bill
Beavercreek

Sent from Bill

> On Mar 8, 2017, at 10:57 AM, Charles Gates <cgates326...> wrote:
>
> Looking through the eBird alerts today, I saw the following report for Clackamas County:
>
> Snowy Egret (Egretta thula) (1)
> - Reported Mar 07, 2017 12:00 by Janet Wolfhagen
> - field near Stone Creek GC, Clackamas, Oregon
> - Map:http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.2984485,-122.559936&ll=45.2984485,-122.559936
> - Checklist:http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35032586
> - Comments: "Standing in a grass field. Pure white with dark beak, arched neck. Too small to be a heron."
>
> I don't see any other Clackamas records and the bird is not listed on the ECAS Full Checklist for Clackamas. Did anyone else happen to check out this bird? Anyone have historical records of Snowy Egret in Clackamas? There are a few records for the surrounding counties.
>

> --
> It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
> Mark Twain
>
> Chuck Gates
> 541-280-4957
> Powell Butte,