Date: 3/8/17 2:18 pm
From: Keith Mcmullen <warbler7...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Re: IOS Spring Weekend in Southern Illinois, April 22-23
Hi Gang,
Two clarifications from my previous message.

1.In order to sign up for the IOS Spring Birding weekend in Southern Illinois, please visit the IOS Web Site.

Registration is simple. Click on the box to the far right by the field trip description and fill out the registration form.

Your registration is complete and you'll be on the list of trip attendees!
http://www.illinoisbirds.org/calendar-2/cat_ids~15/
2.  Use this link to access the Quality Inn website. All room types and rates are listed and are available for IOS! I still recommend to reserve early!!!

https://ReservationCounter.HotelPlanner.com/EventPage3536499

Let me know if you have any issues with reservations via the IOS website or with the hotel reservations.
Thanks!
Keith McMullenTrip <Leaderwarbler7...>

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 1:55 PM, Keith Mcmullen <warbler7...> wrote:

Greetings, birding friends! Please join me for a full weekend of spring birding in beautiful Southern Illinois, SAT/SUN, APRIL 22-23. We'll be staying in Marion, (I'm working on securing 15 rooms at the Quality Inn in Marion......I've used this hotel many times in the past for COS trips!).
We'll be covering many birding hotspots in Jackson, Union, Alexander, Pulaski, Johnson, Massac and Williamson including great birding at Pomona, Pine Hills, East Cape Girardeau and Thebes, Cypress Creek NWR, Ft. Massac S.P., Mermet Lake, Ferne Clyffe S.P. and Crab Orchard NWR to name a few.
This trip is being limited to 30 participants and I ask that you contact me to reserve your spot.  IF you choose to stay at another hotel be advised that rooms are getting scarce due to the annual quilting event in Paducah, KY that generally sees all hotels booked! The group will be departing each morning no later than 6 AM.
Plan on a full day of birding on SAT the 22nd. We'll quit around 5 and reconvene around 6 for a group dinner at 17th Street BBQ, an excellent restaurant with more on their menu than BBQ!After dinner, we'll travel to Ferne Clyffe S.P. for owls and nightjars. Whip-poor-will's and Chuch-will's-widow should both be on location for us.
Sunday the 23rd will be a half-day of birding; we'll quit no later than 12:30 in order for everyone to make the long trip home.
We can expect to tally 120 to 150 species over the 2 days if birding conditions are ideal and as a group we stick to our schedule. Shorebirds, waders, warblers, tanagers, grosbeaks, thrush and vireos and other surprises await us!
I certainly hope you can join me!
if you have any questions at all, please drop me an e-mail.
Good birdings!
Keith McMullenTrip <Leaderwarbler7...>

Join us on Facebook!