Date: 3/8/17 2:09 pm
From: Mark Land <markeland...>
Subject: Lloyd Moore
I started seriously birding in my late 30's. I knew Lloyd as the voice of the Kansas City hotline where you called in your sightings and left a message. One day I reported a Swainson's Warbler at Lake Jacomo in the middle of the long list of sightings that day. Not really realizing it's rarity. Lloyd immediately called me back and we had a great long conversation with the details and numerous answers to my questions about birds and rarities. He was such a wealth of information. A lot of my early KC influences are gone now and it makes me sad. Goodbye sir.

Mark Land
Overland Park, Ks

Sent from my iPhone
https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html