Date: 3/8/17 12:20 pm
From: Bill Lisowsky <ykswosil...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Tubac Trogon continues as Common Black-Hawks stream by on 3/8/17
While standing near the benches along the de Anza Trail in Tubac at 11:27
today, the continuing Elegant Trogon gave me a flyby, heading north, just
above water level and below where I was standing. The bird continued on
north about 20 yards and then appeared to land in some thick bushes on the
east side of the river. Five of us looked for the next 30 minutes but could
not re-find it. These benches are south of the now-famous Sinaloa Wren spot
and the bird has been seen in this same area on three of the past four
days. I also saw my first Gray Hawk of the season along this stretch of
trail.

My dogs and I spent the 9 o'clock hour at the Tubac dog park within Ron
Morriss Park this morning. 4 Common Black Hawks and a Zone-tailed passed
overhead during that time. (As of 10 am today, Peter Collins and the other
dedicated folks at the Hawk Watch are already over 40 Black-Hawks counted
this season and the peak days are still to come :)

Bill Lisowsky
Tubac, AZ