Date: 3/8/17 8:45 am
From: Chuck Otte <cotte...>
Subject: Re: Lloyd Moore
RIP Lloyd....

Lloyd and I had a lot of fun razzing each other and talking birds - often
via email. He ran the Wreford Breeding Bird Survey for quite a few years
which starts right outside of Junction City and meanders through Geary
County. I reminded him every year that I wanted that route! As he started
having more and more mobility issues he contacted me and had me run it
with him a couple of year and eventually turned the route over to me. I
was very appreciative of that and continue to run that BBS route to this
day. He tracked a lot of changes in bird populations - something I've
tried to continue and expand on. His tracking of Eurasian Collared-Doves
was really good - the link may have disappeared off the ksbirds.org
website but I need to check and get it back up there.

Lloyd was one of the original members to the Kansas Bird Records
Committee, as it is currently organized, service from 1991 - 1997 and
again 2000 - 2006. He served on the KOS Board as a director from 1992 to
1994. Lloyd compiled the Seasonal Birding Roundup for the KOS Newsletter
from June of 2001 through December of 2004.

Lloyd, thanks for all you did...

Chuck

-----
Chuck Otte <cotte...>
County Extension Agent, Ag & Natural Resources
Geary County Extension Office, PO BOX 28 785-238-4161
Junction City, Kansas 66441-0028 FAX 785-238-7166
http://www.geary.ksu.edu/

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>