Date: 3/7/17 10:47 pm
From: Garrett Lau <Garrett.Lau...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [SBB] Ed Levin CP
I went to Ed Levin County Park this afternoon, 3/7/17. It's
interesting to compare my observations with Bill's from this morning.
The male selaphorus hummingbird that I saw in the Spring Valley area
looked like a RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD to me, as its back was all orange. I
only saw it once, but a female selaphorus hummingbird made several
appearances while I was there.

There were four GREAT BLUE HERONS around the shore of Sandy Wool Lake.
One kept picking up sticks, but never brought them anywhere. I didn't
look for the nests.

An OSPREY caught a fish very close to the shore of Sandy Wool Lake, so
I got a good picture of that.

There was a wide variety of swallows flying over the lake: TREE
SWALLOW, VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOW, NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOW, and even
a CLIFF SWALLOW (first of year). WHITE-THROATED SWIFTS were mixed in
with the swallows, too.

My photos from today are at the end of this album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/garrettlau/albums/72157677399710424

They follow the photo of the EURASIAN GREEN-WINGED TEAL that I
photographed at Charleston Slough on March 4.

Garrett Lau

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: