Date: 3/7/17 6:59 pm
From: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Skokie lagoons, N Techny, lake Glenview etc.
Yo yo,

Had some new birds for the year today.

Skokie lagoons

I had the first of the year cormorant trying to hide. But other than that it's pretty desolate. There was one great blue heron a few mallards and Canada geese.

Lake Glenview had first of the year ring-necked ducks,8. Also my first horned and pied billed Grebe 2 each.

Also there are some sparrows.

At Techny north like Al said there was a lot of wind. There was something like 12 northern shoveler, mostly male, 25 Green WingEd teal estimated, 4 gadwall's three male one female. There were two pairs of hooded Mergansers. Some mallards.

Air station Prairie

Had at least one and I possibly 2 to 3 snipe.

somewhere around three Woodcocks displaying.

I had a couple sparrows I think I had a song and one or two trees?

Mallards and Canada geese. Also Killdeer.

At home I had a jovial pair of crows calling hello as they flew around overhead in huge waves of flowing air. Cardinal sang but the female may have been killed. Still hoping to see her.

Suzanne Coleman
Cook co

Posted by: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...>

<*> Your email settings: