Date: 3/7/17 6:06 pm
Subject: Re: Buncombe County - TRUMPETER SWAN
Thanks for the tips everyone. I was able to find the bird today, right around 4pm. It was on the far side across from the second pull off up, and the light wasn't great, so I can't add much to the debate

I took some pics, and if anything useful comes out of them, I'll let you know

Dennis Parslow

Falls Lake, Wake Forest NC

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 2, 2017, at 8:32 PM, Caroline Harvey (via carolinabirds Mailing List) <carolinabirds...> wrote:
>
> I travelled North and was lucky to get good views of the swan from just North of Ledges Park. I parked at the pull in and walked to the path down at the riverside. This gave direct views to the swan across the river.
>
> My overriding view was this bird was too big to be close to a Tundra Swan. Overall size was Trumpeter like with long neck and heavy look.
> Naive I maybe but this was nothing like a Tundra/Bewicks Swan. Big guy all the way!
>
> Simon
> --
> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Join us on Facebook!