Date: 3/7/17 4:58 pm
Subject: Greater Scaup on the Little Tennessee River, Macon Co., NC
I was looking at the photo of a scaup on the CBC Photo Gallery that the
photographer identified as a Lesser Scaup. This is a very nice photo of a
male Greater Scaup -- seen today. The very round head, even flattened on
top, with a slight greenish sheen, and the very pale back, are clearly
marks of a Greater Scaup. I just checked photos on Google, and they match
to a T. (I didn't need to do this, but just for the heck of it, I did.)

The Birds of North Carolina website, compiled by me, shows only about 10
previous mountains records.

Harry LeGrand
Raleigh

Join us on Facebook!