Date: 3/7/17 4:37 pm
From: Jack via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] FW: Lake Accotink Bald Eagle nest

Who knew? I didn’t. While hiking around the lake on Friday I noticed a very large nest on the opposite side of the lake. Having only my binocs with me I couldn’t get a good view because of the distance. I returned with my scope today to get a better view and do some digiscoping. I observed the nest for about 30 minutes without seeing any activity. However, due to the size of the nest an eagle could have been home without being seen from ground level. I stopped by the visitor center to ask if they were aware of the nest. They were and have a nice photo montage of eagles doing their things around the lake. One eagle was seen on Friday and two today. The other unusual bird species of interest today, at least to me, was a group of seven Gadwalls.

Jack Greenwood
Falls Church

Sent from Mail for Windows 10hings around t
He lake