Date: 3/7/17 12:35 pm
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] "Shorebirding" at Coralville Lake
This morning at Twin View Heights I enjoyed seeing my first "true" shorebirds of the year. It's early so the
numbers were minimal but many are sure to follow soon. Killdeer are already common.

1 Lesser Yellowlegs (2nd earliest)
1 Pectoral Sandpiper (4 or 5th earliest?)

Also today, there were a couple thousand Snow Geese, etc. at the Hawkeye Wildlife Area, west of the DNR headquarters.
I had some fair scoping from Amana Road but the distance and backlighting were not helpful. Ross's Geese were present.

Jim Forde
Cedar Rapids