Date: 3/7/17 10:30 am
From: Walter Hadlock <jaybirdncarol...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Eagle's nest at Riverbend Park
Good afternoon,

We took a walk at Riverbend Park (Fairfax County) on March 6. An adult American Bald Eagle was on the nest and was observed by several people. The nest is up river from the Visitor Center. You can go as far as the trail that leads to the Nature Center and still get good looks at the nest that is near the top of Sycamore Tree on an island in the Potomac River.

In addition to the Eagle, we counted close to 100 Bufflehead on the river, a number of Canada Geese, as well as at least 12 Common Merganser—mostly pairs.

For those who like native flowers, the Virginia Bluebells are up, some have flower buds, and there were some Spring Beauty open as well.

It was a nice afternoon for a walk.

Good birding to all,

Jay and Carol Hadlock
Herndon, VA