Date: 3/7/17 8:47 am
From: Andrew Marshall <andrewm25...>
Subject: [obol] Northern Flicker "yellow shafted"
Yesterday morning at about 0720 I had a Northern flicker flash up from the side of the road in front of the truck, as I was on my way to work. It was clearly yellow, not the usual red. Bayview road on the north side of Alsea bay. He was there again this morning, at about the same time, about where the road flattens out after going down the hill from the highway 101, and before the red barn. I say "he" because I got a slightly better look at him this time before he flew and there was a lot of red on the back of his head, possibly the mustache as well??? Both times he has been on the right side of the road when heading west, the uphill side, not the bay side, waiting until the last minute to flush.

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!