Date: 3/7/17 6:30 am
From: Pip Fisher <pip...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Herons at Rookery at Hickman & Deer Creek Trail in Urbandale, Polk/Dallas Co.
Good Morning-

This morning on my drive in to work, I noticed 7-8 Great Blue Herons hanging out in the sycamore tree, just north of Hickman Road where it crosses Walnut Creek at the Urbandale/Clive border.

If you haven't seen it previously, the rookery is visible from the frontage road to Great Western Bank at 13150 Hickman Road. This is very close to the Polk/Dallas county line.

I noted birds in the tree about a week ago, but they were gone again when I went back to confirm what I saw, until today.

Have a great day!

Pip Fisher
NW Polk County
Sent from my iPhone