Date: 3/7/17 4:02 am
From: Diane Touret <dctouret...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Fwd: SE AZ: Tubac Hawks and Elegant Trogon 3/6/2017
Subject: SE AZ: Tubac Hawks and Elegant Trogon 3/6/2017
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 04:43:13 -0700
From: Diane Touret <dctouret...>
To: <list...>

Sent original message to wrong email address! Forwarding to correct
email address.

After enjoying a couple of hours with the Hawk Watch group at Ron
Morriss Park in Tubac (6 Common Black-Hawks and a Peregrine Falcon were
my highlights), I walked south along the Anza Trail to the pair of
benches overlooking the river between the powerline cut and Clark
Crossing. When I was standing at the benches I heard a weird growling
churr that reminded me of the noise that the Elegant Trogon at Patagonia
Lake makes in the winter. I tracked the call north to just beyond the
path that goes off west to some houses and found the previously-reported
male ELEGANT TROGON perched close to the trail low down in some shrubby
trees on the west side of the path. He didn't seem to like my
light-colored T-shirt with a picture of a loon on it and quickly
disappeared deep into the dense brushy trees. He stopped calling and I
couldn't re-locate him. This was around 12:40PM.

Diane Touret (Tucson,AZ)