Date: 3/6/17 6:15 pm
From: Jeremy Coleman <jcolemanarch...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Perspectives on Nocturnal Bird Migration: What We've Learned from BirdCast
I hope many of you got to see this presentation, it was compellingly
presented, informative, interesting. Thanks Liam for calling our attention
to it! If it is rebroadcast, it is well worth trying to see.

Jeremy Coleman
Greenfield

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 6:11 PM, Liam Waters <youngeaglewaters...>
wrote:

> Thought this might be of interest to some. Sorry for not getting this
> out sooner...
>
> Tonight (3/6) at 7:30pm, there will be a live stream lecture on
> youtube about nocturnal migration and BirdCast presented by the
> Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
> The following is the description from YouTube:
> "Bird migration is a spectacular phenomenon that has long captured the
> attention of human observers. The Cornell Lab's BirdCast project uses
> state-of-the-art machine learning and computer science, along with
> data from radar and acoustic monitoring, to uncover migration secrets.
> Dr. Andrew Farnsworth will talk about some of the novel insights
> revealed by this fascinating project."
>
> It will be available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
> v=ZE7QKoop4Eo&app=desktop
>

> (I hope the link works and doesn't trash the digest.)
>
> Happy Birding,
> Liam Waters
> Sharon

Join us on Facebook!