Date: 3/6/17 5:03 pm
From: Chad Witko <chadjwitko...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Bohemian Waxwings- New London
Greetings,

Before trying for the Great Gray this evening (I was one of the many who
didn't stay until dark to see it as was just reported), I stopped in New
London to look for Bohemian Waxwings.

Fortunately, I found a decent-sized flock feeding in the fruiting trees
behind the Colonial Pharmacy. Ironically, my first winter in NH a few years
ago I tried in this exact same location where they were reported before and
dipped. It felt nice to get good looks at this species in a place I had
failed to find them before.

The flock was about 100 strong and as far as I could see was mostly BOWAs.
There was only one Cedar that I could find.

Good birding,

Chad Witko
Walpole, NH

--
Chad Witko
www.chat-happens.com

"I came to believe birds are the most vivid expression of life. It made me
aware of the world in which we live."
Roger Tory Peterson