Date: 3/6/17 9:06 am
From: robert lane <ohiomagpie...>
Subject: [BRDBRAIN] Pinellas County Brown Boobies Present Six Months Plus
This morning, Monday, from about 9:45AM to about 10:15AM, the continuing Brown Boobies were on the eastern of the three platform towers in Safety Harbor. Today, I happened to be viewing from the east side of the bay at Mobbly Beach. With a good scope they could also be seen from the west side, from the north end of Bayshore Drive or the south end of Philippe Park. With the boobies coming and going from the tower, my best count was at least ten. Amazingly, at least some of these "what are they doing here birds" have been at this not normal location, since late August or early September. So whatever the reason, this becomes their seventh month being present. How much longer will they stay? If you decide to try and see these celebrities, keep in mind that there are also over two hundred Double-crested Cormorants on the tower. Look for the pure white bellies and yellow feet of the adult boobies.

Bob and Denise Lane / Clearwater, Florida

please visit us on the web at:
<LISTSERV...>
<LISTSERV...>