Date: 3/6/17 8:44 am
From: jan hintermeister <jan.hintermeister...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Bald Eagle at Grant Ranch
Yesterday morning I was at Grant Ranch around 10:30 to check on my heron
colony for the SFBBO Colonial Waterbird study. Weird weather with
alternating light rain, blue skies and hail in rapid succession. No
nesting herons, but at the Quimby intersection I had an adult COOPER'S HAWK
on the wires; it caught a small mammal in the nearby meadow. At Grant
Lake, an adult BALD EAGLE over the lake later joined Turkey Vultures and a
Red-tailed Hawk circling over Hall's Valley. Out in the open water, a
SAY'S PHOEBE hunted from remnants of a woody shrub now under water.

Jan Hintermeister
Santa Clara

Join us on Facebook!