Date: 3/6/17 7:28 am
From: Jason Bidgood <jason.b.bidgood...>
Subject: [cobirds] Harris's Sparrow in Denver on 3/4/17
Yesterday I spotted a Harris's Sparrow on the south end of the Westerly
Creek open space in east Denver (Stapleton). Someone saw the eBird post
yesterday and was able to re-find it and get a photo to confirm it. Here
is my eBird post with the directions:
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S34953370. It was east of Beeler
Street at about 23rd Ave. I bird this area often and I thought I saw a
Harris's in this same spot back in November but I didn't get a great look
at it. I wouldn't be surprised if it spent the winter here. Can anyone
tell me if these are "rare" here year-round?