Date: 3/5/17 7:44 pm
From: Robert Dixon via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Duck Hunt
From Robert Dixon
3/5/17 - Myself, Tim Thompson, Jason Rieger and Doug Warner held our 4th annual Duck Hunt today begining in Griswold working our way east through Stonington and Mystic then west through Old Saybrook, Milford and Stratford. We found 24 species of ducks. Highlights were, WOOD DUCK (16 for the day), REDHEAD (2 drakes at Maynard Pond in Old Saybrook), BARROW'S GOLDENEYE (continuing bird at Tuxis Island in Madison), NORTHERN SHOVELER (7 at Stratford Greenway) and CANVASBACK (8 at Frash Pond in Statford). Other highlights were, BLACK-HEADED GULL ( continuing bird in Stonington at the Barne Island boat launch and a second bird at Maynard Pond in Old Saybrook), SNOW BUNTINGS at Statford Point, YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER at Cornfield Point and PEREGRINE FALCON at Mondo Pond. 76 species for the day.