Date: 3/5/17 6:59 pm
From: Chuck & Jaye Otte <otte2...>
Subject: County Checklists Updated
Good evening KSBirders!

I have just completed updating the Kansas County Checklists and up loaded
them to the web page: http://www.ksbirds.org/checklist/checklist_index.htm

There were 81 county checklists updated representing 174 new county
species. A big thank you once again to Dan Larson who took on the
painstaking task of comparing the county checklists to the eBird lists to find
missing species. This takes a lot of Dan's time which he willingly volunteers
to do. Thanks Dan!

The changes are listed below. The format, as always, is county name first,
number of species now on the county checklist followed by a list of the
species added (or occasionally removed due to error checking). Any species
marked with an asterisk (*) indicates a confirmed breeding record. (It should
be noted that when the checklists were first compiled we included confirmed
AND probable breeding records. Starting in 2011 only confirmed breeding
records are added. Someday I hope to go back and update the checklists to
differentiate the confirmed and probable breeding records on the checklists
and maps....... someday......)

Speaking of the county dot maps, they are not yet updated. I'll be working on
those during the rest of the month. Virtually everything else on the County
Checklist index page has been updated except the checklist as Adobe
Acrobat Forms. I'll get those done in the next few weeks as well.

As always if you have problems opening any checklist let me know (I always
go through and open each updated checklist from the web page... but you
never know!) And I can almost guarantee that within 24 hours someone will
send me an update - and that's okay. These do represent everything that I
had as of March 1. Dan's eBird updates were as of last fall. If you find
something on your lists that aren't on these lists, it probably means you never
sent it to me!!

Chuck

Allen, 244 - Red-breasted Merganser, Western Sandpiper, Yellow-bellied
Flycatcher, Northern Shrike, Magnolia Warbler, Canada Warbler, Nelson´s
Sparrow

Anderson, 276 - Swallow-tailed Kite, Le Conte´s Sparrow

Atchison, 265 - Tundra Swan, Virginia Rail

Barber, 285 - Long-billed Curlew, Remove Lewis´s Woodpecker, Olive-sided
Flycatcher

Barton, 377 - Blue-winged Warbler, Yellow-throated Warbler

Bourbon, 235 - Black Scoter, Herring Gull, Least Tern, Black-crowned
Night-Heron, Great Horned Owl*

Brown, 274 - Surf Scoter, Mississippi Kite,

Butler, 292 - Thayer´s Gull, Green-tailed Towhee

Chase, 280 - Ross´s Goose, Surf Scoter

Chautauqua, 235 - Willet, Herring Gull, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Swamp
Sparrow

Cherokee, 274 - Virginia Rail, White-faced Ibis, Nelson´s Sparrow

Cheyenne, 247 - Rufous Hummingbird, Plumbeous Vireo, Black-and-white
Warbler

Clark, 287 - Short-billed Dowitcher, American Bittern

Clay, 279 - Common Tern, Philadelphia Vireo

Cloud, 250 - Eastern Townee

Coffey, 315 - Common Tern

Comanche, 271 - Neotropic Cormorant

Cowley, 342 - Calliope Hummingbird

Dickinson, 258 - Sedge Wren, Townsend´s Solitaire, Black-throated Green
Warbler

Doniphan, 254 - Eared Grebe, American Bittern, Yellow-bellied Flycatcher,
Yellow-throated Warbler

Edwards, 229 - Calliope Hummingbird, Broad-winged Hawk, Sedge Wren

Elk, 245 - Great Horned Owl*

Ellsworth, 298 - Black Scoter, Laughing Gull

Finney, 348 - Red-breasted Nuthatch*, Mourning Warbler

Ford, 307 - Bobolink

Franklin, 237 - Whooping Crane, Fish Crow

Geary, 328 - Lesser Black-backed Gull, Swallow-tailed Kite

Gove, 222 - Swallow-tailed Kite

Graham, 215 - Common Tern, Yellow-breasted Chat

Grant, 270 - Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Fox Sparrow

Greeley, 210 - Ross´s Goose

Greenwood, 254 - Baird´s Sandpiper

Hamilton, 269 - American White Pelican

Harper, 248 - Red-breasted Merganser, Say´s Phoebe, Philadelphia Vireo,
Chestnut-collared Longspur, Wilson´s Warbler

Harvey, 326 - Whooping Crane

Haskell, 241 - Brewer´s Sparrow

Hodgeman, 246 - Red-necked Grebe

Jackson, 269 - Whooping Crane, Whimbrel, Buff-breasted Sandpiper, Barn
Owl, Mountain Bluebird, Blackburnian Warbler, Nelson´s Sparrow, Lazuli
Bunting

Jefferson, 337 - Black-necked Stilt, Marbled Godwit, Veery

Jewell, 240 - Great Horned Owl*

Kearny, 278 - Cattle Egret, Rock Wren, Nashville Warbler, Townsend´s
Warbler

Kingman, 303 - Fish Crow

Kiowa, 267 - Horned Grebe, American White Pelican, Red-shouldered Hawk,
American Golden-Plover, Semipalmated Plove, Short-billed Dowitcher,
Broad-tailed Hummingbird, Pileated Woodpecker, Baird´s Sparrow

Labette, 247 - Eared Grebe, Broad-winged Hawk, Willow Flycatcher, Le
Conte´s Sparrow

Lane, 217 - Greater White-fronted Goose, Snow Goose

Lincoln, 243 - Eastern Towhee

Linn, 335 - California Gull

Logan, 215 - Common Loon

Lyon, 312 - Whooping Crane, Chestnut-collared Longspur

Marion, 287 - Buff-breasted Sandpiper, Black-headed Gull, Philadelphia
Vireo, Nelson´s Sparrow

Marshall, 247 - Sedge Wren

McPherson, 292 - Black-bellied Whistling-Duck, Greater Scaup

Meade, 316 - Marbled Godwit, Blackpoll Warbler, Le Conte´s Sparrow

Miami, 300 - Canada Warbler

Montgomery, 262 - Greater Scaup, Willet, Marsh Wren, Canada Warbler,
Swamp Sparrow, Bobolink

Morris, 247 - Philadelphia Vireo, Yellow-breasted Chat

Nemaha, 240 - American Golden-Plover

Neosho, 288 - Short-billed Dowitcher, Red-throated Loon

Ness, 217 - Great Egret, Fox Sparrow

Osborne, 231 - Tufted Titmouse

Ottawa, 239 - Hooded Merganser, Hermit Thrush, Purple Finch

Pottawatomie, 326 - Black-necked Stilt, Alder Flycatcher, Lesser Goldfinch,
Worm-eating Warbler, Canada Warbler

Pratt, 299 - Eastern Towhee

Reno, 338 - Least Bittern, Western Wood-Pewee

Rooks, 282 - Bullock´s Oriole

Russell, 335 - White-winged Crossbill

Saline, 270 - Alder Flycatcher, Blackburnian Warbler

Scott, 293 - Mountain Plover, Rufous-crowned Sparrow

Sherman, 284 - American Golden-Plover

Smith, 211 - Rusty Blackbird

Stafford, 359 - Cave Swallow

Stanton, 226 - Sora, Ash-throated Flycatcher

Stevens, 228 - Red-bellied Woodpecker, Northern Shrike

Sumner, 326 - Black Vulture, Yellow-throated Vireo

Thomas, 214 - Rufous Hummingbird, Carolina Wren

Trego, 263 - Peregrine Falcon, Bobolink

Wabaunsee, 271 - Hudsonian Godwit, Dunlin

Wallace, 214 - Stilt Sandpiper, Pectoral Sandpiper

Wichita, 209 - Greater White-fronted Goose, American White Pelican

Wilson, 239 - Least Tern, Black Tern, Merlin

Woodson, 274 - Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, Blackburnian Warbler

For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>

Join us on Facebook!