Date: 3/5/17 6:51 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] A few Coos birds 3/5/17
Didn't get out much this weekend. We had snow overnight into the AM. Pretty
crazy day- hailing hard now. Here is what I did see today:

BLM office/N Bend airport area: the three W Bluebirds and maybe a dozen YR
Warblers continue. A few breeding-plumaged Audubon males with flock plus we
had one at our feeders today- early migrants?

At Johnson Mill pond near Coquille late PM with pouring rain/hail and temps
in 30s:
about 150 swallows maybe 2:1 Tree/ VGs. No sign of any Barns which we had
here last month. Those wintering Barns seem to show mid to late Dec and
then get seen here and there in Jan until mid-Feb then disappear with first
"normal" migrants showing up later in March as they have historically- not
sure anyone has this new pattern figured out though??

With the cold weather we have had lotsa hummers at the 4 feeders- we
counted about 30 right at sunset this evening -at least six Rufous maybe
more- haven't seen the Allen's looking hummer in several days but it could
be still here?

Merry soggy springtime!
Tim R
Coos Bay