Date: 3/5/17 4:03 pm
From: Rick & Marianne Atkinson <marianne5...>
Subject: Barrred Owl - dog sighting - Clearfield County
At 6:30 this evening, my 80 pound dog alerted me to a Barred Owl that was
about 40 feet away, behind my house in a hay field. I saw the owl as it was
flying away about 5 feet off the ground.

I highly suspect that it had gotten a vole for dinner and was on the ground
with it. I hope the owl took his dinner with him, or comes back for it
later.

My dog doesn't usually get excited about birds, since he watches them at my
8 feeders (sunflower hearts and suet) and on the ground (sunflower hearts
and white millet) all of the time outside of the sliding glass doors, where
his bed is conveniently located for frequent reality viewing, lol.

Marianne Atkinson

Clearfield County near DuBois

Join us on Facebook!