Date: 3/5/17 1:45 pm
From: <Vanslagerf...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Ed Levin Park Birding
All:

On 3/5/17 I went (via the Old Calaveras Road detour) to bird Ed Levin
County Park. In spite of a number of fast-moving drizzle events (even some
hail), it was an enjoyable outing; it was birdy. I recorded at least 47
species, which included 2 male and 2 female selasphorus Hummingbirds, probably
Allen's. The 2 males were seen right at the ranch road-end on the east side
of the golf course, and the 2 females were seen at the usual eucs down
below the Sandy Wool Lake.

One thing that surprised me was my seventh Merlin sighting of this year!
Another thing was on my second camera-only photo, the hummer was about one
foot from her perch, and the camera had stopped her wing motion wide open.

Frank Vanslager

Join us on Facebook!