Date: 3/5/17 7:30 am
Subject: Many feeding American Woodcock, Lake Conestee, Greenville, SC
I'm sitting at the South bay observation deck (on the south side of South bay)
watching at least 8 AMWO feeding on the far side of the bay, in the company
of a single GRYE and KILL. High power scope definitely required, but the
best views I've ever had of so many, so active, and in the late morning!

If anyone tries, I'm sitting on the deck bench. There is an exposed rock/stump
just breaking the surface to the north, currently with a turtle on it.
They've been in the leaf litter right behind that stump.

Good birding all!

-Joel Ludlam

Join us on Facebook!