Date: 3/5/17 5:37 am
From: Alan Buriak <a_buriak...>
Subject: Rough-legged Hawk, Allegheny County
This morning I had fantastic views of a dark morph Rough-legged Hawk in the Solar Dr Industrial Park in the Imperial area. The bird was perched near the pond at the end of the road by truck entrance for GFS. I tend to think this is not the same dark morph that was observed at the truck stop recently, as the bird there (at least the one that I saw) seemed to be a very dark individual, while the bird today had a considerable amount of gray/white mottling on its back and head. I will post pictures to Ebird later. I also had good looks at a couple White-crowned Sparrows right at the pull off area by the main pond. There was also a Wilson's Snipe, 5 Ring-necked Ducks, and 5 Redheads at the main pond and a pair of Green-winged Teal at the retention pond along Burgettstown Road. A good (but brisk!) morning of birding!

Good birding,
Alan Buriak
Gibsonia, Allegheny County