Date: 3/5/17 4:51 am
From: Puget Sound Birds <pugetsoundbird...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Spring Nesting South of New Orleans
The great egrets at the office park on General DeGaulle across from the
McDonalds are incubating. One of the students from Tulane visiting the
Woodlands Conservency banding station found a Carolina Wren nest with 1
egg. No sure of the earliest initiation of incubation for this species,
but if anyone has an earlier date, you can let me know offline, or brag
online. There were lots of white-eyed vireos singing, but the one we
captured did not show any breeding condition (an enlarged cloacal
protuberance, a brood patch would not be expected). We have still not
conclusively documented whether some birds are "resident" yet.

don norman
<pugetsoundbird...>

Join us on Facebook!